Saturday, March 14, 2009

Recession In Economy

Right from the time recession has hit the economy, it has become a catch word every where. There is no conversation without this word popping up. But when ever this word comes to my mind, another word attaches itself.......and that is consumerism. So in order to manage recession, we need to tackle consumerism. Quiet a difficult task as the whole society has become a consumeristic society. Electronic media, print media, malls........anywhere you turn around, we find them luring us to consume more. Why not we attempt to get out of this loop........well I believe we can. I have personally made a humble attempt and I do believe that this is good not only for our pocket, but also for our mental and physical health. For a start, I made some life style changes which began from my kitchen. A few things like doing away with all fast food items, farsans, pickles, jams, ketchups, ready to cook items etc. Then in comes seasonal vegetables, fruits, nuts, and whole cereals and pulses. We save not only on the monthly grossery bills, but we also gain on our health. This is just the beginning...........

No comments: